These melt-in-your mouth pecan pie bars are insanely delicious with a super easy pecan pie mixture that sits atop a rich buttery crust- just try and eat only one!
I blinked and suddenly the holidays are vastly approaching.
Buuuutt, if there were a season to describe me to a tee, it would be Fall. I love everything about this time of year. The holiday spirit, the decorations, the food, the family togetherness, the pumpkin, sweet potato, etc. I’d be lying if I didn’t tell you about the many Christmas ornaments I’ve already bought for my tree this year. And you know I love you so I have to come clean.
I’ve been busy in the kitchen trying to bring you all things delicious this year for the holidays. And friends, I think you’re gonna
like, scratch that, love these best ever pecan pie bars. The other day I made these pecan pie bars and took them to work in a covered tin container. I didn’t even get to tell my co-workers about these bars before everyone just devoured them. As in, I got up to go to the the copy room, and came back to an empty tin. See? They’re that good. I’ve since made them four more times and like usual, they’re gone within a few minutes.
If you ask me, I think these pecan pie bars are way better than actual pecan pie. They’re quick and easy to make unlike having to prepare pie dough. I mean, let’s be real, that’s a job in itself. I also love how portable these bars are. No rolling dough, no making pie leaves, and no losing your mind when said pie comes out with a crack smack dab in the middle. With these pecan pie bars, everyone can grab one, or two, and be on their merry way. See what I did there with the holiday reference, ha!?!
I’ve said it before, these best ever pecan pie bars are so good that they’ll make you wanna slap ya mama- just don’t get me involved if you do! And if you’re feeling a lil jazzy, add a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to send this bar over the top a bit more!
Get your baking pans, your butter, and your tastebuds ready because there’s more coming your way this season peeps 💛
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package (8oz) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease a 13x9 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter into same mixture. This means to combine butter within same mixture until it resembles a coarse meal (or looks crumbly).
- Press mixture firmly onto the bottom of baking pan.
- Bake crust at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
- Next, in same bowl, combine condensed milk, egg, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Spread evenly over baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once baked, let cool, and then slice into bars.
- Bars may be kept in container if they will be eaten immediately. Otherwise cover bars and store in refrigerator.