These pumpkin pancakes with spiced maple syrup are incredibly delicious and bursting with all those signature Fall flavors. Whip up these super easy pancakes for an amazing breakfast during the holidays!
With the holiday’s vastly approaching, we all should be in a cheery mood while we sip on our pumpkin spice lattes and gab about our plans for 2017. Yet, I can’t stop thinking about how our country is in such bad shape. We’re getting very close to electing our new president and with the recent debates; I’m feeling even less hopeful about the future of our country.
Not to mention the countless shootings of unarmed Black men. For a while I’ve remained silent on my blog about my disgust towards the injustice of African American men. I thought it would be best not to share my personal opinions regarding controversial topics on my blog. But then I realized that I cannot remain silent, I cannot continue sharing recipes with you all and not speak my truth. It took me a while to write publicly on my blog about this but it’s never too late.
I watched the debate the other night and I truly felt embarrassed for our country. Although I won’t get into who I believe will make a better president, I will say that I can only pray for our country as a whole. The mud-slinging and tantrums between two grown adults is quite sad. I feel like I’ve yet to hear about actual plans that either one of them have to really help us. I don’t know, these are just my ramblings.
This is actually the first pumpkin recipe that I’m posting and trust, there are many more to come. These pumpkin pancakes with spiced maple syrup are so good and what’s even better is that they’re so easy to make. Whenever I research pancake recipes, except for the boxed version in stores, the recipes are always so complex. I mean, who seriously wants to pull out 30 ingredients to make pancakes? Not me, and I’m willing to bet, not you either!
These pumpkin pancakes with spiced maple syrup will have you feelin’ like a boss when it comes to making breakfast. They’re bursting with all those Fall flavors and spices but not too overwhelming. I also love the fact that these pancakes are super fluffy and moist- no dry pancakes here! If you love pancakes just as much as me, check out these pancakes too.
These pumpkin pancakes with spiced maple syrup are:
- Absolutely easy to make
- Perfect for all you pumpkin lovers
- Decadent and rich in flavor
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Spiced Maple Syrup
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- *Optional: top with pecans, walnuts, etc.*
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine buttermilk, egg, pumpkin puree, and oil. Whisk until just combined.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix as batter will get too tough and form more gluten.
- Heat griddle/skillet to medium-high heat and lightly oil.
- Spoon about ¼ or ⅓ of batter at a time and cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve immediately with warm spiced maple syrup.
- Spiced Maple Syrup
- In a small saucepan on low heat, combine maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice.
- Let simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place into desired syrup dispenser.