These slow cooker barbacoa beef tacos are a real winner for Cinco de Mayo (or any day!); this barbacoa is juicy and simmered in flavorful spices.
What does everyone think about when it comes to Cinco de Mayo?
Yaaasssss. So no surprise here that I have a taco recipe for you guys this week to celebrate along with some guacamole and margaritas. I’ve made so many taco recipes it’s crazy, but these slow-cooked barbacoa beef tacos are my absolute favorite. So much so that they’ve been on repeat for dinner in my house lately.
This barbacoa beef is slow cooked for almost 10 hours and simmered in some amazing spices and seasonings. These spices include garlic, chipotle peppers, bay leaves, and more. The slow cook process allows for the beef to break down and tenderize and absorb all of the spices that it’s cooked in. This results in some bomb ass flavorful tacos.
This beef reminds me of the version from Chipotle, only better because it’s homemade. These tacos are so incredibly easy; you literally dump all the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it do it’s magic. After the beef is cooked, it is so tender that the only thing you have to do at that point is shred it. This recipe makes enough to stuff about 20-25 tacos.
I can eat tacos all day, and all night, if you ask me. One of the things I love about these tacos is that you can easily store the leftovers and reheat whenever. That’s right, leftovers for days, because who wants to cook every single night. Not me, and I’m willing to bet, not you either.
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo (or any other day) with these delicious tacos. I pair my tacos with copious amounts of guacamole and some refreshing margaritas.
These barbacoa beef tacos are:
- Slow cooked
- Full of flavor
- Super easy!
- 3-4 pound beef brisket or chuck roast
- ½ cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3-4 chipotle peppers
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1½ tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- juice of 4 limes
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 cups beef stock
- Place vinegar, onions, chipotle peppers, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, and lime juice in slow cooker and mix together.
- Add brisket or chuck roast (you may need to cut beef into pieces to fit in slow cooker) into slow cooker and cover with beef stock and and bay leaves.
- Turn beef around to coat in sauce.
- Slow cook for 8-10 hours.
- Once done, transfer beef to large baking sheet or dish to shred.
- You can add beef back into slow cooker to saturate more or fill in tacos with desired toppings and enjoy.
- Serve with fresh tortillas, salsa, cilantro, onion, lettuce, etc.