These baked finger-licking spicy Korean chicken wings are super flavorful with authentic Korean spices and even more perfect for game day!
Annndd I’m back with yet another delicious recipe for dat ass, ha!
A little dramatic, yes, but I’m happy to talk about these wings with you guys. I love chicken wings. Like I really do. Earlier this year I made these lemon pepper chicken wings, go check ’em out too!
Okay, let’s get into these wings, shall we.
I absolutely love Asian cuisine, culture, flavors, etc. This recipe is my first go around Korean based flavors and it came out so good. And did I mention how easy these spicy Korean chicken wings are? Yup.
As I mentioned before, these are baked wings which helps cut out many things, yet, the wings still have that signature crispness to them. They’ll roast in the oven at 450°F until cooked through, crispy, and golden brown in color. Yup, so far, so good, regular ole chicken wings, right?
Now let’s talk about this sauce, or as I like to say, sawce. This spicy, sweet, sticky, and flavorful sauce is what makes these Korean chicken wings! Huge powerhouse asian flavors like gochujang, fresh ginger, Korean chili powder, and toasted sesame oil, reign in the completion of these wings. They’re super delicious and all of those flavors combined make these spicy Korean chicken wings such a real treat for your palate when you wanna step up your game!
Enjoy, friends! ♥︎
- 1-2 lbs chicken wings- wings split, tips discarded
- Fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Korean red chili paste, Gochujang
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Korean chili powder (regular chili powder will do if you're unable to find Korean kind)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Garnish with sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onion/scallions
- Preheat the oven to 450°F
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or use nonstick cooking spray, or a baking liner.
- Season wings with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Place wings, skin side up onto baking sheet and roast for about 40-45 minutes until golden brown, crispy, and cooked-through.
- While wings cook, in a small sauce pan, combine remaining ingredients (except sesame seeds and scallions) over medium-low heat on the stove. Mix thoroughly and then turn heat off once sauce begins to boil.
- Once wings are done, place them into a bowl and immediately pour sauce onto wings. Stir to fully coat wings.
- Garnish wings with sesame seeds and scallions, if desired.