What’s better than crispy chicken wings baked to perfection and smothered in a glorious lemon pepper sauce?…That’s right, not a dang thing!
Have I ever told you how obsessed with lemon pepper chicken wings I am?
I’m a chicken wing fanatic in general but add lemon pepper to the mix and I’m yours. I love lemon flavored anything really, for proof look here and here. With game day season approaching and well, any other time, these ultimate lemon pepper chicken wings are perfect to enjoy.
Did I mention that these lemon pepper chicken wings are also baked, not fried. I get extra cool points for having your health in mind! Most people assume that the best chicken wings are always fried and I’m here to tell you that that isn’t the case. With the technique and/or tools, these wings will achieve that perfect crispiness that all chicken wings need.
I also use three different kinds of lemony goodness for these lemon pepper chicken wings. For starters, we’ve got the obvious, lemon pepper seasoning. But this recipe also calls for lemon peel seasoning, a crap-ton of fresh lemon juice, and lemon zest. All of these lemon flavors enhance the chicken wings and make them the ultimate lemon pepper chicken wings.
I’m not exaggerating when I tell you that these wings are epic, friends.
I’ve made them a handful of times and each time they’re gone within minutes. Let’s also talk about the sauce that gets put on the wings. It’s a divine mixture of butter, lemon pepper seasoning, minced garlic, lemon juice, and lemon zest. It’s finger-licking good. And I mean it when I say that you’ll be licking your fingers!
- 20 chicken party wings
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp lemon peel seasoning
- 2 lemons
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- For the lemon pepper sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp lemon peel seasoning
- zest from an entire lemon
- juice from an entire lemon
- Clean chicken wings and pat dry.
- Using two large ziploc bags, in batches, add 10 wings to each bag.
- Add in one tbsp of lemon pepper seasoning, one tsp of lemon peel seasoning, and juice of half a lemon in both bags.
- Shake to coat chicken thoroughly and place into refrigerator to let marinate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line an extra large baking sheet (or use 2 baking sheets) with foil.
- If you have a rack that fits your baking sheet, place on top of baking sheet. Place wings directly on rack. If you don't have a rack, grease foil generously with olive oil and place wings onto sheet and bake for one hour. Cook wings until they achieve a crispy golden look. Be sure to flip wings halfway through cooking process. Before wings are done cooking, prepare the sauce.
- For lemon pepper sauce
- In a small sauce pan on low heat, combine butter, garlic, lemon pepper seasoning, lemon peel seasoning, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Let sauce simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
- When wings are done, place them in a container with a lid and immediately add sauce and shake to fully coat wings.
- Serve and enjoy!