These mildly spicy, super-filling, and healthy vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos are so incredibly delicious; even meat-eaters will rejoice!
Wow, friends. We’re done with over half of 2017 already. I hope you’re still holding strong with those new years resolutions I know ya’ll had in mind lol. I’ve been working my butt off this year and battling so many different things so let’s just say I’m doing the best that I can with said resolutions, ha!
I will say though that one thing I wanted to do is incorporate more plant-based meals into my diet and eat less meat. I’m sure by now you’ve heard all of the controversy over the recently released documentary on Netflix titled, “What The Health.”
The film emphasizes the impact of our current socio-economic situation and ties a link between that and our unhealthy lifestyles. To say this documentary sparked controversy would be putting it mildly. Some feel as though the film is incredibly biased, entirely one-sided, and full of misinformation. Others feel like the documentary depicts facts and sheds tremendous light on our healthcare system. Regardless of one’s views on the film, there is a lot to be said about our health system and the unhealthy eating habits of many Americans.
While I’m not entirely vegan, I do try and eat more plant-based food. In my personal opinion, I don’t have a hugely significant stance on meat as others may do. I’m pretty neutral but I do feel it is nutritionally best for me to consume less meat. These vegan buffalo cauliflower tacos make a great lunch/dinner option- and I honestly didn’t even miss the meat.
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ cup buffalo sauce, such as Frank's Red Hot
- pepper, to taste
- 6-8 taco tortillas
- 1 head romain lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- ½ head purple cabbage, sliced
- Sir Kensington's Special Sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, combine bite sized pieces of cauliflower, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, pepper, and ½ cup of buffalo sauce.
- Stir all ingredients until fully combined.
- Spread mix onto baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes. Be sure to mix cauliflower at least once during cooking process for even cooking.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and place back into a bowl. At this stage you can add a few more tbsp of buffalo sauce if desired.
- When assembling the tacos, load each tortilla with lettuce, cabbage, avocado slices, and buffalo cauliflower. If desired, drizzle favorite sauce in each taco.