Baked Veggie Rigatoni with Burrata and Parmesan Bread Crumbs
This extra flavorful veggie rigatoni dish is crazy good; sautéed veggies like peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms are blended with mozzarella + ricotta cheeses and topped with gooey burrata and parmesan bread crumbs!
Guess who’s back, back again…Quin is back, tell a friend < btw what happened to my boy Eminem? It’s like homeboy drifted off into non-existence; oh how I miss those white boy rap skills, ha!
Okay, I digress. But you heard right, I’m back with another recipe: a meat free recipe might I joyously add. I know, I know, it’s been an extra hot minute since I posted a vegetarian dish so don’t @ me.
Yup yup, this veggie rigatoni, let’s chat about it shall we?
Listen, I’ll be the first one to admit that I am a carnivore. This cajun chicken pasta is one of my all-time faves and same thing for these stuffed pasta shells. While I do love my animal protein, incorporating plant-based meals and extra veggies into my diet is something I’m always striving for.
Perusing my local farmers markets for fresh produce, herbs, and spices always inspires me to develop new recipes. This veggie rigatoni is one of those dishes where healthy meets a little bit of indulgence. Life is all about balance, yes?
How Do I Make Baked Veggie Rigatoni?
We’re gonna start out by sautéing our veggies which is one of the main stars in this recipe. Since we’re making veggie rigatoni; peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, and garlic give this dish so much flavor!
Lastly, this recipe calls for diced tomatoes, fresh chopped basil, crushed red pepper flakes for some heat, and some good ole salt/pepper.
Tell Me More About This Recipe:
Okay, so we’ve combined our veggies with the pasta which makes veggie rigatoni. But nah, we ain’t stopping there my love. In a large cast-iron skillet or casserole baking dish, we’ll pour that delicious veggie rigatoni in and give it a nice healthy sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese directly on top.
It gets baked for a couple of minutes in the oven then we’ll pop it out to add a ball of creamy burrata cheese on top and the parmesan bread crumbs. Then it goes back into the oven for ultra restaurant-quality type vibes. Voilà.
Out the oven comes this bubbly, cheesy, deliciously fragrant veggie rigatoni. I’m super proud of this recipe guys and I hope y’all love this one!
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
Until next time…love and butter,
This extra flavorful veggie rigatoni is crazy good! Sautéed veggies like peppers, zucchini, and mushrooms are blended with mozzarella and ricotta cheeses then topped with gooey burrata and parmesan bread crumbs!
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1 medium-sized zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 balls burrata cheese
Parmesan Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Cook rigatoni pasta according to package directions, al dente- then set pasta aside.
- Using a large skillet, heat dry skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, add in mushrooms. Mushrooms contain some moisture and cooking them dry first will let the moisture come out so that they brown nicely. Stir mushrooms around for a good 10 minutes or until you start to see the moisture evaporate.
- Add butter into skillet and continue stirring. Then add in onions, peppers, zucchini and continue stirring veggies around until veggies turn golden and become fragrant. Add garlic, chopped basil, and seasonings- red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste preference.
- Lastly, add in pasta, diced tomatoes and ricotta cheese into skillet and stir everything together until combined. Pour veggie rigatoni into a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or casserole dish. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese directly on top and bake for about 25 minutes or until top of pasta is golden brown.
- Pull pasta out and add burrata cheese and sprinkle parmesan bread crumbs on top. Then put back into oven and adjust the oven temp to 400°F. Bake again until burrata melts, about 10 minutes.
Parmesan Bread Crumbs
- In a small bowl; stir melted butter, bread crumbs, and grated parmesan cheese together.
This recipe can easily be made vegan by swapping the butter for vegan butter and using vegan cheese.