I have this fear about aging.
No, I’m not afraid of old people- I get anxious about aging because it makes me think. Thinking has always been a problem for me. Sometimes I think too much into things and it causes me to have extreme anxiety and depression. Yes ya’ll, we’re getting deep with today’s blog post.
In certain situations I will admit that I let my thoughts get the best of me. I do this thing every year on my birthday where I think about where I am in my life. Did I achieve everything that I wanted to achieve by that particular birthday? Did I lose that weight I’ve been hoping to lose? Did I achieve any career goals? The list is endless with me! Instead of enjoying my birthday like a normal person, I kill myself with these thoughts.
With my birthday approaching this June I’m trying to adapt a new motto. I’m going to try my best to embrace where I am or will be by my next birthday and not let the thoughts take over my peace of mind. I’ve been through so much, especially last year, and I want to live life fully and fearlessly. I am big on having a planner and goal-setting, so hopefully this helps me. And if you have a story or tips, please share it with me. I’m telling you, I belong on some therapists couch with all my anxiety ha ha.
These blood orange chicken wings give me not the slightest bit of anxiety though. Yay! What’s not to love about chicken wings in general though? These wings have a blood orange glaze that is out of this world. I love the salty to sweet ratio in these wings. They’re also baked and not fried so that means you can have as many as you’d like! I sure did 🙂
These baked wings are incredibly delicious and have a blood orange citrus sauce.
- 20 chicken wings
- 2 navel oranges
- 3 blood oranges
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Clean chicken wings and pat dry with paper towels.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place wings on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake wings for 35 minutes and then flip for another 20 minutes.
- Prepare sauce by combining juice from navel and blood oranges, chicken broth, honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and garlic. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Once wings are done and golden brown, transfer wings into baking dish and pour sauce onto wings.
- Be sure to stir wings around to ensure all wings are coated with sauce.
- Place into oven for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Let wings cool before transferring to plate and enjoy!
- Cuisine: Appetizer