This super easy and refreshing cocktail is perfect for the Spring time!
I still can’t believe that Spring is finally here, I mean, just the other day it was Christmas! Time has been moving by so fast and I feel like I have so much to do and so little time these days. I’ve been so busy with working that I’ve fallen off the food blog bandwagon. I’ve got so many delicious recipes up my sleeve for you guys so please stay tuned.
Like these, blueberry mojitos; they’re super fresh, easy to make, and they make the perfect cocktail for your Springtime get together. A traditional Cuban mojito is a cocktail that consists of five ingredients; white rum, sugar, lime juice, club soda, and mint. What I love about a classic mojito is that it has a relatively low alcohol content. I don’t really drink alcohol on the regular so my tolerance for booze is low.
When preparing a mojito it is important to use fresh limes and mint as these release essential flavors in the mojito. For these absolutely amazing blueberry mojitos, making them couldn’t be any easier- you can make one in under 10 minutes. A traditional mojito is made in a highball glass and you can muddle the ingredients directly in the glass or you can use a cocktail shaker.
Since I’m not a bartender or a cocktail connoisseur; I used my muddler to break open the blueberries and crush the mint because I don’t own a cocktail shaker. Crushing the mint releases the oil from the mint and adds that signature minty flavor in a classic mojito. Then you add the white rum and top it off with the club soda and that’s it. These mojitos are not only delicious and refreshing but look how gorgeous they are!
These blueberry mojitos are:
- Perfect Spring time cocktail
- Fresh and minty
These delicious and refreshing blueberry mojitos are a perfect cocktail for Spring!
- 10 fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp granulated sugar or caster sugar
- 8–10 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup white rum (I used Bacardi Superior)
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup club soda or more to top off cocktail
- lime slices for garnish
- Place blueberries, lime juice, sugar, and mint leaves into glass and use a muddler or the back of a spoon to crush blueberries and muddle all ingredients.
- Add ice to glass
- Add white rum
- Add club soda
- Using a cocktail stirrer or straw, stir cocktail and add extra lime slices and more mint for garnish.
- Cuisine: Beverage