Rich and buttery buttermilk pancakes that melt in your mouth.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Butter for serving
- Pure maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium-sized bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg yolks, and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients slowly into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. The batter should be somewhat lumpy.
- In a small bowl with a whisk or in your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Slowly add egg whites into batter. Batter should then lighten in color and smooth out.
- Pre-heat griddle or stove over medium-high heat.
- Grease griddle/skillet with butter and pour about 1/2 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook pancake until bubbles form and pop on the top. Flip and cook pancakes until golden brown. Repeat process until all batter is done.
- Serve the pancakes piping hot with butter and syrup as desired.