These crazy delicious chocolate peanut butter crispy bars are super easy to make and contain only a few ingredients with decadent chocolate, peanut butter, and rice crispy cereal as the main stars!
- 4 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Chocolate Topping
- 12 oz chopped dark or milk chocolate, which ever you prefer
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Peanut Butter Swirl Topping
- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray, set aside.
- Put the crispy rice cereal into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat; combine the crunchy peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Be sure to whisk mixture continuously and let it come to a boil, no more than 3-4 minutes.
- Remove mixture from stove and pour over crispy rice cereal. Thoroughly stir to combine, making sure all cereal is coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to press coated cereal down evenly into pan then set aside to let mixture get firm.
- Next, place chopped dark/milk chocolate and peanut butter into microwave safe bowl and microwave in 15-30 second increments, be sure to stir in between each. Continue until it is smooth and fully melted.
- Immediately spread chocolate over crispy rice cereal and spread until all cereal is fully coated.
- Last and most fun step, using another small microwaveable bowl, melt the 4 tbsp of smooth peanut butter in microwave.
- Gently dollop peanut butter over melted chocolate in no fancy way. Then, using a sharp knife or a toothpick, swirl the chocolate and peanut butter together to create a beautiful swirl effect. Do this until you’re happy with outcome.
- Place baking pan into the refrigerator and let sit for at least an hour to firm up before cutting into bars. Once cooled, immediately cut into bars and enjoy!