This super rich, chocolatey, and insanely delicious homemade gingerbread hot chocolate is begging to be on the table for the holidays this year!
- 1 carton (half gallon) of milk
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup dutch-process cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (7oz) bars of good quality chocolate, chopped
- *Optional: whipped cream, marshmallows, sprinkles for serving
- In a large sauce pan, combine milk, spices, cocoa powder, sugar, molasses, and condensed milk.
- Cook on low for about 10-12 minutes or until combined. Careful not to let come to a boil.
- Chop chocolate and add into sauce pan, whisk chocolate until smooth.
- Immediately pour into desired glasses and top with whipped cream, marshmallows, and sprinkles of desired.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: American