This delicious kitchen sink frittata is the perfect breakfast or brunch treat! So easy yet flavorful and filled with sausage, sautéed shallots, fresh spinach, and cherry tomatoes- highly customizable!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound (227 grams) fresh breakfast sausage, casings discarded
- 6 large shallots, thinly sliced into half-moons (or 1 red onion)
- 5 ounces (141 grams) fresh baby spinach
- 1 large handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the olive oil in a medium oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Use your hands to break the sausage into small pieces directly into the skillet. Cook, stirring now and then, until browned and crisp, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage to a plate and leave the fat in the skillet.
- Add the shallots to the skillet and cook, stirring now and then, until just softened, about 8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook, stirring, until wilted, about 1 minute (it will seem like a lot at first, but it will quickly wilt and you’ll find yourself saying “wow, that really turns to nothing!”). Stir in the cherry tomatoes and the reserved sausage. Turn off the heat and hang onto the skillet.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the salt and pepper, and whisk well to combine. Pour the eggs evenly over the sausage mixture and put the skillet in the oven. Bake until the eggs are set and the frittata is firm, about 25 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve immediately while hot (or let it sit and serve at room temperature- it’s equally good that way).
Keywords: eggs, frittata, pork, breakfast, brunch, one pan