Attention lemon lovers…the only (and best) lemon crumb loaf recipe you’ll ever need is finally here! This moist lemon bread is easy to make, has a super tasty crumbly topping, and made complete with a drizzle of fresh lemon glaze!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Zest of 1 entire lemon (medium-sized)
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Juice of 1 entire lemon, about 1/3 cup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease with baking spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and then line with parchment paper. Leave enough parchment paper over sides of pan to hang for an easy release.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, lemon extract, and lemon juice. With a rubber spatula, slowly fold in the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until all is well incorporated.
- Lastly, add in oil and mix again until the batter is fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, add crumble topping directly on top, and bake for about 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of loaf comes out clean.
- Let loaf cool for about 10 minutes and then drizzle lemon glaze over top.
- Using a fork; combine melted butter with flour and sugar and mix well until coarse, sand-like, crumbs form together.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice. If you find your glaze is too lumpy, simply add more lemon juice to thin out.
Keywords: lemon, cake, loaf, breakfast