These muffins are deliciously moist and bursting with all the lemon flavor!
If you haven’t noticed yet I am completely obsessed with lemons. You can find other lemon inspired recipes here and here. I love using lemons for anything if I’m being honest. I always seem to buy a bagful of lemons every time I go grocery shopping. I use lemons when I am cooking, I use lemons when I’m baking, I even use lemons to make household cleaners or for a DIY facial cleanser. Yes, I can be a hippie at times ya’ll.
Every time I think about lemons I think about the movie, The Break-Up; where Jennifer Anniston and Vince Vaughn have an argument about him not buying the right amount of lemons for their dinner party. I swear, I cannot watch that movie without crying in laughter each time! But for real though, homeboy should have known.
There are thousands of recipes for lemon poppyseed muffins out there but none as delicious as mine of course, ha! All arrogant jokes aside though, these lemon poppyseed muffins are ahhhhmazing. I am very picky when it comes to muffins; they can’t be dry and tough. I love a good moist and somewhat crumbly muffin. These lemon poppyseed muffins are super moist and bursting with lemon flavor.
These lemon poppyseed muffins are:
- Super moist
- Bursting with lemon flavor
- Perfect for breakfast (or anytime)
These extra moist muffins are delicious and bursting with lemon flavor with a sweet lemon glaze.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 baking soda
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cupcake/muffin tin with liners or grease/butter tin.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a large mixing bowl. Add sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, combine buttermilk, eggs, lemon juice, almond extract, and butter and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until fully combined but do not over mix.
- Add poppy seeds and fold in until combined.
- Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, add batter to muffin tin.
- Place muffins into oven and immediately increase oven to 400°F and bake for 18 minutes.
- Once done, leave muffins to cool for 10 minutes.
- For the glaze
- In a small bowl add sugar and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled muffins and enjoy!
- Cuisine: Breakfast