These mini amaretto bundt cakes with white chocolate ganache are incredibly moist, fun-sized, and super delicious!
Lately I’ve been trying to play catch-up on all my favorite shows. I’ve been so busy with work, this blog, and really just life in general. Although, it’s hard to evade work, the inter webs, and just about everywhere else with everyone talking about the latest episodes of This is Us. I’ve fallen behind so for the last two days, I have been trying to hunker down and get caught up. All I keep hearing about is something to do with a crockpot and a fire. And if anyone ruins it for me there will be no more recipes, ha! And if you haven’t watched The Chi on Showtime, please check it out. It’s a dope show produced by Lena Waithe and it is absolutely amazing.
I’m happy to finally share the recipe for these mini amaretto bundt cakes with white chocolate ganache! Have you ever heard of Nothing Bundt Cakes? If not, they’re a little chain bakery that specializes in making some pretty delicious bundt cakes. I’m a fan of their mini bundt cakes because ya know, portion control and such. And I also recently grabbed this mini bundt cake pan from Williams Sonoma so I couldn’t wait to put it to use with these babies.
The amaretto syrup I used in these mini bundt cakes bakes up perfectly with a subtle amaretto flavor that’s not too strong. I’m a sucker for a moist cake and these mini bundt cakes meet that criteria while yielding a tender crumb. These cakes also have a nice buttery note that pairs deliciously with that white chocolate ganache. Yes, we gettin’ super fancy with that ganache ya’ll! I used to think ganache was so hard to make, it just sounded too complex. However, if you have some good quality chocolate, heavy cream, and a little arm strength…you’re good to go babe!
I’d tell you to make these mini amaretto bundt cakes with white chocolate ganache for Valentine’s Day but I feel like that’s too much to ask. Instead, I’ll recommend that you make this cake for any occasion because no holiday is needed for this treat. And if you’re wondering what sits atop these beauties in my photos, the topping is dried rose petals but feel free to top yours however you please. My recipe makes about 16-17 mini bundt cakes but you can also use this recipe to make one large bundt cake…Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2½ cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup half and half
- 2 tbsp amaretto syrup
- White Chocolate Ganache
- 6 ounces good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease mini bundt cake pan or 12-cup bundt pan and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add in sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs in, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture alternately with the half and half, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat at low speed.
- Add amaretto syrup. Pour into greased mini bundt cake pan or large bundt pan.
- Bake cake for 35-40 minutes if using mini bundt cake pan. Repeat until all batter is done. For large bundt cake pan, bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let cake cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- White Chocolate Ganache
- Add about ½ cup water to a small saucepan and set on stove over low heat.
- Place finely chopped chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and place over saucepan, water should not touch bottom of bowl.
- Stir frequently until melted. Remove from heat and hot water, continuing to stir until smooth.
- Discard water from saucepan and add heavy cream. Heat cream just to a simmer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and add about ⅔ to chocolate.
- Gently whisk until smooth. Add in remaining cream and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Spoon ganache over bundt cake and serve.