Super Easy Loaded Potato Crisps
Since I’ve been blogging I’ve realized that I haven’t really introduced myself to you guys. I mean, if you’ve read my about me page you’ll know a few things about me but I thought it would be fun to give you guys a little more.
I haven’t always had a love for food, well, I enjoyed eating food but I didn’t develop a love for cooking until after I graduated college. I started reading food magazines and visiting my local farmers market and trying new recipes. I instantly became fascinated with preparing dishes and shopping for ingredients. I botched quite a few dishes in the process but I feel like that was necessary in order to learn and become great.
While experimenting in the kitchen, I posted pictures of what I was making on my personal Instagram page and the feedback was amazing. People I didn’t even know were commenting on my food and it gave me motivation to continue into this foodie world. I then stumbled upon the world of food bloggers and I instantly felt a connection to them. Them meaning people that loved food just as much as me, people who posted pictures of their food, and people who got excited when they nailed a recipe.
After a while people started telling me that I should start a blog to showcase my food. I remember feeling anxious at the though of starting a blog. Would people read it? What if my food wasn’t good enough like other food bloggers? I mean, these thoughts circled my mind. After much research I decided I would bite the bullet and start my own food blog. This blog means more to me than one would think. I started this blog when I had a lot of personal life issues going on and I needed a release, something for myself, something that made me happy.
In comes Butter Be Ready, this blog is my own personal space to share my love of food and cooking/baking. Like these loaded potato crisps! They’re unbelievably good and make the perfect appetizer for a party or get together. I also love how light these crisps are. Unlike loaded potato skins which are more thick and heavy, these crisps are super thin to cut those carbs we all dread. With summer approaching a lot of us are trying to get right with our fitness.
I’ve loaded these potato crips with cheddar cheese, sour cream, and bacon. That’s it! When I said super easy, I wasn’t lying. I like to buy a small block of cheddar cheese and freshly shred the cheese myself because I don’t like the pre-shredded cheese in the bag. The store-bought version contains saw dust on the pre-shredded cheese if you look closely. But feel free to use whatever cheese you like because the end result will be the same. Once you’ve made these crisps, the list of toppings you can choose are endless so have fun with it.
These loaded potato crisps are:
- super easy and quick to make
- not too heavy
- perfect for an appetizer
These loaded potato crisps are super easy and make a perfect appetizer.
- 1/2 of an 8oz block sharp cheddar cheese (shredded), pre-packaged shredded cheese also works fine
- 1 large russet potato
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat foil with olive oil
- Wash potato and dry, using mandolin slicer, slice potato into chip-like slices
- Put slices into bowl with ice water to remove starch and clean, move slices around to clean
- Lay out paper towel and pat dry each potato slice
- Place potato slices on baking sheet and dab tops with a touch of olive oil
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip slices and bake for another 10 minutes
- Cut slices of bacon into bits and cook (you can also make bacon regularly and then crumble into pieces) after cooking, set side.
- Once potato slices are golden brown, add desired amount of shredded cheese to tops of potato slices and put back into the oven for a few minutes, until cheese has melted.
- When potato slices are done and slightly cooled, salt and pepper to taste and add crumbled bacon and sour cream if desired.
- *Optional: garnish with parsley.