This super easy Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowl is bursting with flavor and perfect for a quick summer lunch or dinner with only 4 ingredients!
We’re halfway through 2016 already. I still can’t believe it.
I mean…just the other day I was baking all the pumpkin things. That reminds me, am I the only one who looks forward to the Fall? To me it’s the best season of them all. Bring on the pumpkin spice lattes, those bath and body works candles, and basically everythang pumpkin! Yaaaaaassssss!!!
So yes, I hope you’re as excited as me for all the bomb-ass Fall-inspired food to come to Butter Be Ready.
June was a big month. I celebrated my birthday (Gemini’s stand up!) and went to New York City. As I mentioned before, NYC has always been on my travel wish list. I’m currently working on that post so please stay tuned to see what I did in the Big Apple.
I also have a few recipes up my sleeves like this particular one.
Since it’s been so hot this summer, I don’t know about you, but I don’t need to be slaving over a stove all damn day. In comes this quick and terribly easy dish.
Not only is this teriyaki chicken pineapple bowl easy but it is a fun and creative way to make a meal. What I also love about the pineapple bowl is how customizable it can be. If you want to cut out the rice, you could replace it with broccoli or another preferred vegetable. Preparing the pineapple bowl is fun and you can use the inner pineapple bits for smoothies or snack on it while you make this recipe. No parts will go unused.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (#butterbeready) if you make this recipe, I’d love to see your pics!
Till next time friends ✌?
This teriyaki chicken pineapple bowl is:
- Super easy and fun
- Subtly sweet
- Perfect for the summer
This super easy Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Bowl is bursting with flavor and perfect for a quick summer lunch or dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 whole pineapple
- Pre-bottled Teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for cooking chicken
- Prepare pineapple by slicing down directly in the center of pineapple.
- With a spoon, dig out center of pineapple to form a bowl. You can refrigerate pieces for later use. One pineapple will produce 2 “bowls.”
- Dice chicken into bit sized pieces.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until brown; lower heat and add teriyaki sauce. Let simmer and cook until thickened.
- Turn off heat and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to pineapple bowl.
- Add chicken on one side and rice on the other side of pineapple bowl and enjoy!
- *Optional- garnish with sesame seeds*