These melt-in-your mouth pecan pie bars are insanely delicious with a super easy pecan pie mixture that sits atop a rich buttery crust- just try and eat only one!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 package (8oz) milk chocolate English toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Grease a 13×9 baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and sugar.
- Cut in the butter into same mixture. This means to combine butter within same mixture until it resembles a coarse meal (or looks crumbly).
- Press mixture firmly onto the bottom of baking pan.
- Bake crust at 350°F for about 15 minutes.
- Next, in same bowl, combine condensed milk, egg, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Stir in toffee bits and pecans.
- Spread evenly over baked crust and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Once baked, let cool, and then slice into bars.
- Bars may be kept in container if they will be eaten immediately. Otherwise cover bars and store in refrigerator.