This super easy no-churn blueberry cheesecake ice cream is a real treat for any time of the year. A silky smooth cheesecake flavor meets the tart sweetness from juicy blueberries and crushed graham crackers. The best part being that it all comes together with NO ICE CREAM MACHINE!
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8oz) brick-style cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch plus 1 tablespoon water, as slurry
- 2–3 sleeves of graham crackers, crushed
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or using a handheld electric mixer, whisk heavy cream and vanilla bean paste together until stiff peaks form, about 6-8 minutes. Heavy cream should be thick and whipped.
- In a separate large bowl, add softened cream cheese. Using a rubber spatula, mix cream cheese together until any lumps disappear. Add in condensed milk and stir until combined.
- Gently fold in heavy whipped cream and again mix until combined.
- Add mixture into a loaf pan and transfer to freezer to get semi-firm.
- In a small saucepan, add blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and slurry (this mixture helps to thicken the blueberry sauce) into pan. Let come up to a light boil, about 5 minutes. Some blueberries will burst and some will remain semi-intact. Turn off heat and transfer blueberry sauce to a small jar to cool in fridge for a bit.
- Using a spoon, add a spoonful of blueberry mixture all over top of ice cream. Then, using a knife, gently swirl the sauce into the ice cream. Be careful not to over-swirl as you’ll turn the mixture blue. Nice rough swirls and dollops is what you want throughout the ice cream. Add crushed graham crackers on top, if desired.
- Cover ice cream with clear wrap, then transfer back to freezer overnight, 8-10 hours.
- Let ice cream thaw out for a few minutes and then enjoy with waffle bowls, sugar cones, etc.
Keywords: ice cream, blueberries, dessert