This easy brussels sprout quiche with bacon & goat cheese is a must-make! Sautéed brussels with smoky bacon and creamy goat cheese bake up in this epic savory quiche. It’s incredibly delicious, a meal-prep wonder, and loaded with flavor!
- 6 strips bacon, preferably thick-cut, chopped
- 1 heaping cup shaved/thinly-sliced brussels sprouts
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano reggiano cheese, divided
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled into pieces
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell/crust, homemade or store-bought
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Position your oven rack on the bottom of the oven >> this prevents the quiche from browning too quickly.
- In a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, spread the chopped bacon pieces in an even layer. Let the bacon fry up until cooked through and crisp, stirring every so often, about 10-15 minutes. Then use a slotted utensil to transfer the bacon pieces to a paper towel lined plate- do not discard the bacon grease! Set aside.
- Add the shaved/sliced brussels sprouts into the same skillet. Sauté in the rendered bacon fat, stirring often until the brussels sprouts are soft and tender, about 3-4 minutes. Then season with salt/pepper, to taste, along with the garlic powder, red pepper flakes (if using), and onion powder. Stir to fully combine and then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Then pour in the milk, maple syrup, and sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of grated parmigiano reggiano cheese- stirring once more to fully incorporate.
- Place your pie shell/dish onto a large baking sheet (just in case anything spills over). Then spread the sautéed brussels sprouts onto the bottom of the pie crust. Follow it by sprinkling the cooked bacon pieces on top. Note: I like to reserve about a heaping tablespoon to save for crumbling on top when done baking, totally optional.
- Then pour the egg mixture into the pie crust. Nestle the crumbled goat cheese into the mixture, slightly submerging under the liquid. Use a spoon to carefully swirl everything together, if needed.
- Carefully place the baking sheet into the oven. Bake the quiche for 35-40 minutes or until the quiche is set. When done baking, it should give the slightest jiggle in the center.
- Allow the quiche to cool for 5 minutes. Then sprinkle the remaining parmigiano reggiano cheese and reserved bacon pieces on top. Slice the quiche into wedges and serve warm. Enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
- Storing: keep leftovers stored inside of an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week and in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Keywords: brussels sprouts quiche, bacon quiche, goat cheese, goat cheese quiche