Deliciously fluffy and tenderly crisp homemade buttermilk waffles that everyone will love! The most perfect and flavorful waffles to whip up at home for breakfast or any occasion. And super easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal, coarse or fine
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- pure maple syrup, for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt and then set bow aside. In another large bowl, whisk eggs together. Then pour in buttermilk and and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Gently add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix together until just combined. Pour in melted butter and again mix until just combined.
- Heat up your waffle maker according to the manufacturers instructions. Once waffle maker is hot, lightly spray with cooking spray and pour batter in leaving a 1-inch border as batter will spread out.
- Cook waffles until golden and crispy, about 3-5 minutes depending on your waffle maker. Place cooked waffles onto a plate and repeat process with any remaining batter.
- Enjoy warm with extra butter and syrup, if desired.
1. If you do not have any cornmeal, use a full 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
Keywords: Breakfast, Brunch, Waffles,