This nourishing and wholesome vegetable cabbage soup recipe is so delicious! Packed with hearty and filling cabbage, aromatics, and plant-based meatless crumbles. Pair it with your favorite crusty bread for a perfect cozy meal.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plant-based or dairy
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, de-stemmed
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste or 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 celery hearts, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 pound green cabbage, roughly chopped into pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (14.5 ounce) canned fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups (32 ounces) vegetable broth or chicken broth
- 1 packet (3.35 ounce) Plant Boss All-Purpose Plant Crumbles, cooked
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once the butter is sizzling, add in the onions and cook together, while stirring, until softened and translucent- about 2-3 minutes. Toss in the fresh thyme and continue cooking together.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Then add in the chopped celery and carrots, and cook together until lightly softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add in the chopped cabbage and continue cooking together until the cabbage softens a bit. Season the mixture with salt, pepper, and curry powder.
- Pour in the fire roasted tomatoes, vinegar, and broth; use a wooden utensil to stir everything together, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pot. Cover the pot with a lid, reduce the heat to medium-low, and allow the soup to simmer together for 20 minutes.
- While the soup simmers, on another stovetop burner, prepare the Plant Boss All-Purpose Plant Crumbles as directed on the packet.
- Add the plant crumbles directly into the soup pot and stir together to fully combine. Then remove the soup from heat.
- Serve the soup warm with crusty bread, if desired. Enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
- This cabbage soup recipe will keep stored inside of an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can freeze this soup to last for up to 2 months.
Keywords: cabbage soup recipe, vegetable cabbage soup, vegan soup, vegetarian soup