This copycat Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup is extra delicious, easy to make, and super hearty. The most perfect and comforting soup to make anytime of the year and easily made in ONE POT. For an ultimate cozy meal, pair this soup with breadsticks, a thick slice of a crusty baguette, and/or a salad. YUM!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely chopped
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (32-ounces) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 3 cups cooked + shredded white meat chicken
- 1 lb potato gnocchi
- 4 1/2 cups (5-ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Optional: parmesan cheese, for topping
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, melt butter and olive oil over medium-low heat. Add in carrots, celery, onion, and sauté together until vegetables get tender, about 10-15 minutes. Season mixture with salt/pepper, to taste. Then add in garlic and stir together until garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in flour and mix together until flour begins to dissolve. Pour in chicken broth, while stirring continuously, then add in half and half. Lastly, add in shredded chicken, stir together to combine, and let mixture cook for 15 minutes.
- Add uncooked gnocchi into pot, mix together, and let cook for another 10 minutes. Then add in spinach and basil and stir to combine. Cover soup pot with a lid and take off heat.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: appetizer, gnocchi, soup