This Coca-Cola Barbecue Sauce is reminiscent of a classic barbecue sauce, but with a little razzle dazzle, zesty pop of Southern favorite, cola. You’ll love this homemade BBQ sauce that’s loaded with pantry staple ingredients like worcestershire sauce, ketchup, spices, and more. Slather this sauce or drizzle over ribs, sliders, pulled pork, chicken wings, and so much more. It’s so delicious!
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons hickory liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (or chili powder)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or sweet/regular paprika)
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup Cola
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the ketchup, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, molasses, brown sugar, liquid smoke, chipotle powder (or chili powder), paprika, and onion powder- stirring well to combine. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Add the cola, stirring well to combine with the mixture, and cover the saucepan with a lid- leaving a little vent for steam to escape. Continue simmering the sauce, stirring every so often, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 30 minutes.
- Afterwards, let sauce cool completely and then transfer into an airtight container (we love storing in weck jars, mason jars, or deli containers). Keep sauce stored in the refrigerator at all times and it will keep for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy this cola barbecue sauce on ribs, sliders, pulled pork, chicken, and so much more!
- Please read blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: barbecue sauce, cola barbecue, bbq sauce recipe, southern bbq sauce, Coca Cola barbecue sauce, homemade bbq sauce