Juicy, flavorful, and deliciously creamy lemon garlic chicken thighs with capers; so easy to make in one pan and comes together in under 30 minutes! Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, and/or vegetables for a perfect weeknight dinner!
- 4 bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6–8 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nonpareil capers
- lemon pepper seasoning
- garlic powder seasoning
- Season chicken thighs with lemon pepper and garlic powder seasonings. If your lemon pepper seasoning does not contain salt, add a few pinches of salt to chicken thighs. Cover chicken thighs with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to let sit for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Add butter and olive oil into a large nonstick/cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once mixture has melted and is hot, sauté chicken thighs on both sides for 5-6 minutes. Then transfer chicken thighs to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic cloves into skillet and cook until cloves soften and turn light brown in color, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and use a wooden spatula to scrape up any bits remaining. Next, add in cream, lemon juice, and stir to combine. Let mixture come up to a slight boil while stirring throughout. Then add capers and chicken thighs back into skillet and let cook for another 10 minutes or until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through completely.
- Spoon sauce over chicken thighs and serve with desired side dishes. Enjoy!
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dinner, entrée, chicken, lemon