Juicy, flavorful, and deliciously creamy lemon garlic chicken thighs with capers; so easy to make in one pan! Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, and/or vegetables for a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 4 bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6–8 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nonpareil capers
- lemon pepper seasoning
- garlic powder seasoning
- Season chicken thighs with lemon pepper and garlic powder seasonings. If your lemon pepper seasoning does not contain salt, add a few pinches of salt to chicken thighs. Cover chicken thighs with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to let sit for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Add butter and olive oil into a large nonstick/cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once mixture has melted and is hot, sauté chicken thighs on both sides for 5-6 minutes. Then transfer chicken thighs to a plate and set aside.
- Add garlic cloves into skillet and cook until cloves soften and turn light brown in color, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in chicken broth and use a wooden spatula to scrape up any bits remaining. Next, add in cream, lemon juice, and stir to combine. Let mixture come up to a slight boil while stirring throughout. Then add capers and chicken thighs back into skillet and let cook for another 10-20 minutes or until sauce thickens AND chicken is cooked through completely.
- Spoon sauce over chicken thighs and serve with desired side dishes. Enjoy!
Keywords: dinner, entrée, chicken, lemon