This creamy lemon herb butter ravioli is the ultimate easy weeknight dinner! Caramelized shallots, tons of garlic, lemony goodness, fresh herbs, and more; swimming in a creamy, flavorfully rich, buttery sauce. Ready in under 30 minutes!
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, de-stemmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, de-stemmed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 pound store-bought cheese ravioli (see recipe note)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano, plus more for topping
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Once the butter is sizzling, add in the chopped shallot and stir together until the shallot becomes translucent and starts to turn golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, stirring constantly to prevent the garlic from burning, for about 1 minute. Then sprinkle in the fresh tarragon + thyme leaves. Stir together until the herbs are fragrant, about 1 minute and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Pour in the broth, cream, wine, and lemon juice along with the lemon zest. Stir everything together until fully combined. Add in the ravioli and carefully stir together to combine with the sauce. Cover the skillet with a lid to cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover the skillet and give everything a good stir. At this stage the sauce will be somewhat thin. Sprinkle in the grated parmigiano reggiano cheese and stir together to combine. Remove the skillet from the heat- let the dish sit for 1-2 minutes. The residual heat will continue cooking the dish and the sauce will thicken.
- Season the lemon herb butter ravioli with salt and pepper, to taste- and sprinkle more grated parmigiano reggiano cheese on top, if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
- You can substitute parmigiano reggiano cheese for freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- No need to previously boil the ravioli as it will cook within the sauce.
Keywords: ravioli, creamy ravioli, lemon herb sauce, one pan meals