Get yourself a heaping bowl of this extra creamy and flavorful vegan jerk pasta with sautéed veggies and classic Jamaican jerk seasoning heat. This ONE-POT recipe has zero fuss involved and is perfect for weeknight dinners!
- 1 lb Cavatappi pasta
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4–6 stalks of celery hearts, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut cream
- *Optional*: garnish pasta with fresh herbs like dill, chives, or thyme
- Using a large stock pot or dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, al dente. Once done, drain pasta and set aside. All water should be removed from pot, then return pot back to stove.
- On medium-low heat, add in olive oil, minced garlic, and onions. Stir and let sauté until fragrant; onions will become almost translucent.
- Add in bell peppers, celery, carrots, jerk seasoning, and mix well until everything is combined. Let vegetables cook for about 5 minutes while stirring throughout.
- Toss in cooked pasta, coconut cream, tomatoes, and mix pasta until combined and pasta is fully coated in cream. Serve pasta in bowls and garnish with fresh herbs, if desired.
- You can add a tablespoon of jerk seasoning at a time and taste as you go for preference.
- Pasta can be eaten warm or cold and stores well in fridge for up to one week.
Keywords: pasta, dinner, vegan