You’ll love these Crispy Garlic Parmesan Wings that don’t skip a beat on that extra crispy skin when whipped up in the air fryer! These juicy wings get tossed in a glorious, homemade garlic butter sauce with plenty of freshly grated parmesan. A perfect appetizer to make for any occasion or event; oven-baked notes included!
For the chicken:
- 2 1/2 lbs whole chicken wings, flat & drumette piece split- tips reserved for later use or discarded (about 24 total wing parts)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- kosher salt, to taste
For the garlic butter sauce/topping:
- 5 tablespoons butter, salted or unsalted
- 10 cloves of garlic, finely minced- or pressed
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Use a paper towel to pat the chicken wings dry. Add the wings into a large bowl and drizzle the oil over them. In a small bowl, whisk together the baking powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, white pepper, and salt- to taste. Sprinkle the mixture over the wings. Use your hands (fitted with disposable gloves, if desired) to massage everything into the wings to fully coat. Then set the wings aside.
- Add the wings into the air fryer, careful not to overcrowd the basket, work in batches if you need to (this will depend on your air fryer). Set the air fryer to 400°F and cook the chicken wings for 20 minutes, flipping the wings at the halfway mark. I find 20 minutes to achieve nice and crispy wings, but feel free to add on a few more minutes until the wings reach your desired level of crispness.
- At the last 5 minutes on the wings’ cooking time, let’s prepare the garlic butter sauce. Add the butter, garlic, and parsley into a small saucepan over low heat. Allow the butter to melt through and stir the mixture to fully incorporate the sauce and then remove from heat.
- Add the crisp wings into a large stainless-steel bowl (or any large bowl), pour in the garlic butter sauce along with the freshly grated parmesan. Toss the wings to fully coat and bring everything together. Serve these garlic parmesan wings immediately. Enjoy!
- See blog post for both oven & stovetop cooking instructions.
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: air fryer wings, garlic parmesan chicken, chicken wings, air fryer chicken wings, garlic parmesan wings, crispy wings, crispy chicken