You’ll love this Crispy Parmesan Crusted Chicken, friends! Juicy and flavor-filled chicken breasts coated in a panko, parmesan-loaded breading. An easy chicken dinner to make and gives restaurant-worthy vibes that folks will swoon over, yum!
- 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cups plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil, good-quality
- lemon wedges & freshly chopped parsley, for serving- optional
- Prep & season the chicken: Place each chicken breast inside of a large plastic bag or cover with plastic wrap. Then use the flat end of a meat tenderizer (see notes) to pound the chicken breasts into an even thickness, about 1/4-inch thick. Set the chicken aside onto a clean plate/cutting board and repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts. Season the chicken on both sides with salt/pepper, to taste- along with the garlic powder, dried oregano, and onion powder.
- Assemble each dredge: You’ll need 3 dredging vessels- aim for shallow dishes (such as a pie plate or low bowl). Add the flour into one dish. In another dish, crack open the eggs and lightly whisk together. In the last dish, combine the panko breadcrumbs and grated parmesan cheese, stir to fully combine.
- Dredge the chicken: Take a piece of chicken and coat in the flour (shaking off any excess), then dip into the egg mixture, followed by a firm press into the parmesan/breadcrumb mixture- then shake off any excess. Set the coated chicken aside onto a clean plate/platter. Repeat the process with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Pan-fry the chicken: Heat the oil in a large (at least 10 inches) skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the parmesan crusted chicken into the skillet. Work in batches, I like to cook 1-2 chicken breasts at a time to avoid overcrowding the skillet. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side or until the breaded coating is golden brown and crispy with the chicken cooked through. To be precise, the internal temperature should read at least 165°F. Transfer the cooked chicken to a clean plate/platter or wire rack and repeat the process with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Serve the parmesan crusted chicken immediately along with your favorite side items (salad + mashed potatoes, as pictured). Enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
- To pound the meat, use a meat tenderizer (mallet), rolling pin, or any comparable vessel like a heavy cast-iron pan/saucepan.
Keywords: parmesan crusted chicken, crispy chicken, parmesan chicken, chicken cutlets, crispy chicken cutlets, schnitzel