This Curry Coconut Braised Collard Greens with Potatoes and Chickpeas recipe is incredibly wholesome and delicious. Collard greens are braised in coconut milk and curry until silky and tender. Perfectly paired with potatoes and chickpeas for extra heartiness. Also made in one pot and weeknight friendly. Packed full with nutrients and so much flavor!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large russet potatoes, skin peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 (15.5 ounce) canned garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound Palmetto Gardens Collard Greens, roughly chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- *Optional for serving: 2 cups cooked white rice
- In a large dutch oven or pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat; add onion and garlic and sauté until onions become translucent and garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in curry, cumin, and black pepper seasonings and stir to combine. Toss in potatoes and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add in garbanzo beans/chickpeas, coconut milk, and salt. Mix to combine all ingredients together and let cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- Lastly, add in collard greens, stir and let simmer until all greens wilt down, about 5-10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve alongside white rice or your choice of side, if desired. Enjoy!
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Braising
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, curry, collard greens