Whip up a batch of these candied jalapeños to go along with any of your favorite foods/drinks. They’re sweet + spicy and pair with nachos, burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, margaritas, and so much more!
- 13 medium-sized fresh jalapeños
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Cleanse/rinse jalapeños: Using disposable gloves, place the jalapeños into a large colander or bowl and rinse clean under water. Then pat dry jalapeños with a paper towel.
- Slicing jalapeños: Still wearing disposable gloves, carefully slice each jalapeño into rounds and set them aside. *If opting for a more mild flavor, also remove inner portions along with the seeds.
- To make candied jalapeños: In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, apple cider vinegar, and red wine vinegar together. Mix well to combine and allow the mixture to come up to a rolling boil. Once achieved, stir in the curry powder, garlic powder, celery seed, and chipotle powder. Then reduce the heat to low and add in the jalapeños. Stir together well to fully combine and allow the jalapeños to simmer in the mixture for about 5 minutes. Jalapeños will begin to shrivel up slightly and go from bright green to a more pale green color.
- Storing candied jalapeños: Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool down slightly, about 10 minutes. Transfer the jalapeños and syrup mixture using a ladle/spoon into a cleaned glass jar/mason jar that can be fitted with an airtight lid. Wipe the rim of jar(s), if necessary, and close with lid. Store the jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 months and use the candied jalapeños and syrup as often as desired.
- Candied Jalapeños will keep stored in an airtight jar for up to 3 months in the refrigerator.
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for the video and more tips + tricks.
- Category: Appetizers and Snacks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: snacks, jalapeño, candied jalapeños, spicy