Say hey to this easy, Iced Matcha Latte recipe that uses three main ingredients, plus water and ice. This recipe is clutch whenever you want a quality coffee shop latte, but without those coffee shop prices. Recipe is complete with step-by-step photos and helpful instructions for the best homemade iced matcha latte, ever!
- 1 teaspoon high-quality matcha powder
- 2 ounces (60 ml) hot water, about 180°F
- 1 cup milk of choice (we love Oatly Oatmilk Barista Edition!)
- Maple syrup or syrup/sweetener of choice, to taste- optional
- Sift matcha into a small bowl. Sifting the matcha first allows for any clumps within your batch of matcha to be broken up for the smoothest texture- don’t skip this step!
- Then add the hot water into the bowl with the matcha.
- Use a bamboo whisk to vigorously whisk the mixture together in a M-like pattern until the matcha develops a nice foamy top.
- Add a handful of ice into a glass and fill with milk of choice, and add a splash of maple syrup or other coffee-crafted syrup/sweetener, to taste- optional. Then pour the matcha mixture directly on top. Slowly stir the iced matcha latte with a straw to fully combine. Taste and adjust the sweetness, as desired. Sip, sip, and enjoy!
- Please read blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: matcha latte, homemade matcha latte, green tea powder, matcha recipe, iced matcha latte, how to make a matcha latte