This Jalapeño Cheddar Tuna Melt is the perfect lunch or light dinner to enjoy. The scratch-made tuna salad is full of flavor and spread on top of your favorite toasted bread and topped with sharp cheddar cheese and sliced jalapeños. Toast the entire situation until nice and melty, and enjoy your life with this open-faced tuna melt…pair with fruit, veggies, or chips for a complete meal the whole family will love!
- 1 batch Tuna Salad
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices thick-cut sourdough (or bread of choice)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (we love Tillamook thick-cut!)
- Jalapeño slices, for topping- optional
- Fresh chopped dill, for garnish- optional
- First, make tuna salad recipe before assembling tuna melts.
- Heat butter (or olive oil) in a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add sourdough to skillet (work in batches, if needed), and toast on each side until lightly golden brown. Then remove sourdough from heat and place the slices on a baking sheet.
- Next, spread desired amount of tuna salad over each slice. Top the slices with an even sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a few jalapeño slices, if using. Place the assembled toasts under the broiler for 2-3 minutes- cooking until the cheese is nice and melty. Garnish open-faced tuna melts with fresh chopped dill, if desired. Enjoy!
- For best recipe success, please read the blog post & notes in its entirety with video tutorial before beginning.
Keywords: tuna melt, tuna salad, tuna sandwich, tuna lunch