Extra creamy, wildly delicious, and super easy is this one-pot creamy beef pasta. This dish is packed with ample flavor and two different kinds of cheeses…so comforting and weeknight friendly!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 lb dried rigatoni pasta
- 4 cups (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the ground beef and use a wooden utensil to break the beef into crumbles. Cook until browned completely, about 6-7 minutes. Then season the beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Next, add in the shallot, stir together, and continue cooking along with the beef for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the dried pasta, broth, and water. Stir to fully incorporate and place a lid on the pot and allow the pasta to cook through, about 10-12 minutes or until pasta is fully cooked, al dente.
- Turn off the heat and pour in the cream and both cheeses, stir to fully combine. Let the pasta sit, covered, for at least 10 minutes to allow the sauce to slightly thicken. Then serve and enjoy!
Keywords: dinner, pasta, one pot, beef, creamy