These no-bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Energy Bites are the little tasty gift that keeps on giving. Fuel up with a bite of wholesome, nutritious energy with these balls full of oats, peanut butter, honey, chia seeds, flax meal, and more. The perfect snack/treat to have on hand when you need a boost, and sooo incredibly delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pretzels, crushed
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill ground flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients: oats, crushed pretzels, shredded coconut, peanut butter, honey, chocolate chips, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, and extract. Stir everything together to fully combine. I like to use my hands to really get everything nice and coated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap (or a lid) and transfer the energy bite mixture into the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour (or in the freezer for 30 minutes). This will help the mixture firm up a bit and be easier for you to roll into balls later.
- After chilling, use a tablespoon to scoop the mixture into individual balls. I like to gather about 2-ish tablespoons worth of mixture. Then roll the mixture tightly into balls, it helps to squeeze the mixture when rolling to help everything stick together. Repeat this process until all bites have been shaped- I usually get about 14-15 bites.
- Serve the energy bites immediately, if desired. Keep these bites stored inside of an airtight container in the refrigerator, they’ll keep for about 2 weeks. Otherwise, store them in the freezer to last for 2 months (thaw in fridge before eating them). Room temperature bites will last for a few days if kept out but will be quite soft. For best results, I recommend keeping them in the fridge/freezer. Enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: energy bites, no bake bites, peanut butter energy bites, peanut butter bites, healthy snack, no bake energy bites