Incredibly good salmon cakes (salmon patties/salmon croquettes) made from fresh salmon fillets, peppers/onions, and much more. Paired with a tasty garlicky lemon aioli that is super easy to make!
- 12 ounces fresh skinless salmon fillets, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 heaping tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste or minced garlic
- salt/pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- optional: more lemons, to squeeze over finished cakes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste or minced garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Place chopped salmon into a large bowl and then set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, sauté onions and peppers until onions become translucent and mixture is lightly browned, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool for at least 15 minutes. Wipe skillet clean.
- Add onion/pepper mixture into same bowl with salmon. Then add in all other ingredients from breadcrumbs to salt/pepper. Stir mixture thoroughly to combine. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to refrigerator to let mixture marinate together for at least 30 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scooper or large spoon, shape salmon cakes, and set onto a large plate.
- In same skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Fry each salmon cake on both sides, about 2-3 minutes for each side until lightly golden brown.
- Serve salmon cakes warm with quick aioli, or as desired. Enjoy!
- In a small bowl or container: combine all ingredients together and stir very well. Cover bowl/container with lid for ultimate freshness. Aioli will keep in refrigerator for up to one week.
Keywords: salmon, easy, aioli