This slow cooker mac and cheese with green chile is so good and loaded with flavor! Featuring extra creamy mac and cheese that is well seasoned and infused with a subtle heat from tasty green chile!
- 1 lb cavatappi pasta, or elbow/other short cut pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) brick extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, yields 2 cups
- 1 (8 ounce) brick Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, yields 2 cups
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 12 ounce canned evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 medium-sized New Mexico Green Chile peppers, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- On the stovetop, cook pasta according to package directions, but cook for 3 minutes less than al dente as pasta will finish cooking in the slow cooker.
- In a 5-quart or larger slow clooker/crock pot; add in semi-cooked pasta, cheeses, whole milk, evaporated milk, cubed butter, green chile, and sprinkle in all seasonings.
- Place slow cooker on high setting and allow mixture to cook for 1 hour. Be sure to stir mixture together every 30 minutes or so for even cooking.
- All cheese and milks should be melted, well combined, and creamy. Serve warm in bowls and garnish with additional fresh black pepper, if desired, and enjoy!
- Once mac and cheese is done cooking, you can place slow cooker to the “warm” setting to keep mixture nice and warm if serving for events/get togethers.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Slow Cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: slow cooker, crock pot, mac and cheese, sides