These classic peanut butter cookies are super soft, buttery, and packed full of that signature peanut butter flavor! So easy and makes the perfect treat for any occasion; freeze a batch to have on hand to make cookies with a quickness!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or using a handheld electric mixer, beat the sugars and butter together until combined. Add in peanut butter and continue beating until combined. Then add in egg and vanilla extract, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl to make sure all is fully incorporated.
- Next, slowly add dry ingredients in and mix until just combined. Careful not to over mix.
- Lastly add heavy cream or milk and transfer cookie dough into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least two hours, preferably overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with baking liner or parchment paper. Take dough out of fridge and using an ice cream scooper, scoop dough and roll into balls.
- Use a fork to create indentations in the cookies by pressing down lightly in the center in each direction, overlapping each other.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Cookies will look undercooked but will continue cooking as they rest. Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy them as is or with a glass of milk!
Keywords: cookies, peanut butter