This southern-style chicken salad recipe is so easy and simple. Made with just a few flavorful ingredients to make a great brunch, lunch, or weeknight meal!
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped from store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup mayonnaise, Duke’s Mayo recommended
- 2 celery hearts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet relish
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning, use seasoned salt as substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- *optional: butter croissants, lettuce, tomatoes, for serving
- In a large bowl, bring all ingredients together. Mix everything together until well combined. Taste and adjust seasonings to preference by adding more, if needed.
- Serve chicken salad as sandwiches or as desired, and enjoy!
- If kept in an airtight container, this chicken salad recipe will keep for up to 3-5 days.
Keywords: chicken, chicken salad, salad, mayonnaise,