These lemon pepper chicken wings are the best, ever. Baked in the oven yet they have that signature crispiness we all love. Tons of lemony goodness and coated in the most epic lemon garlic butter sauce!
- 20 chicken party wings, flats/drums
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning (with salt)
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel seasoning (this is the one I use)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste, or fresh minced garlic
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon, taken from same zested lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Clean the chicken wings (remove any feathers, etc) and pat dry well with paper towels.
- Place the chicken wings into a large resealable bag or you can use a large container with lid.
- Season the chicken wings with the lemon pepper and lemon peel seasonings. Use your hands (with disposable gloves, if desired) to make sure all of the chicken pieces are coated in seasoning.
- Transfer the bag/container into the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken wings. Sprinkle the baking powder over the wings and use tongs to lightly toss together to make sure the baking powder coats all of the wings.
- Using a large baking sheet (you may need to use two) fitted with a wire rack in place, lightly spray the rack. Then place the wings onto the rack, making sure the wings are not touching.
- Bake the wings, skin side up and turning them over halfway through cooking time, until crispy and browned- about one hour long. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of your wings. When wings are almost done cooking, prepare the sauce ahead of time.
- To make lemon garlic butter sauce: In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add in the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and black pepper. Stir the mixture together until well combined and let the sauce cook for about 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat and pour over the chicken wings in a large bowl and gently shake together.
- Serve the lemon pepper wings immediately and enjoy!
- You can sub fresh lemon zest for lemon peel seasoning.
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
- Category: Appetizers, Snacks
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, chicken wings, lemon, baked