This almond bundt cake is bursting with almond flavor throughout each and every bite. And finished with the most luscious and glorious caramel icing; perfect for every occasion or celebration!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup La Tourangelle Almond Oil
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- *optional: sliced almonds, for garnish
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously spray/butter a 10-cup bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk sugar and eggs together. Add in sour cream, buttermilk, oil, and extract. Stir everything together until fully combined.
- Add wet ingredients into flour mixture. Stir together until just combined and all dry ingredients dissolve.
- Pour cake batter into prepared bundt cake pan. Bake cake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in bundt cake pan for at least 10-15 minutes. Then invert cake onto a wire rack to continue cooling completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and salt together. Cook mixture and allow to come up to a slight boil, about 6-7 minutes. Be sure to stir mixture throughout. Then remove from heat and stir in extract, mixture will vigorously bubble.
- Let mixture cool for 3-5 minutes before pouring over finished cake. Slice and enjoy!
- You can make this caramel icing ahead of time, in advance. If you make ahead, simply reheat as necessary before pouring over cake.
- Adding more heavy whipping cream/milk will thin out the icing, if desired. If adding more cream/milk, add 1/4 cup at a time.
- An alternative to sour cream is full-fat plain yogurt.
Keywords: bundt cake, almond, caramel, desserts, sweets, cake