Almond Bundt Cake with Caramel Icing
This beautiful and tasty almond bundt cake is bursting with almond flavor throughout each and every bite. And finished with the most luscious and glorious caramel icing; perfect for every occasion or celebration!
Truly, few things in life are greater than a delicious bundt cake, y’all.
And let’s not even argue about that because I know you already feel me on this, ha! Okay, maybe I’m being a tad bit dramatic but in all seriousness, bundt cakes are one of my most favorites. Listen, I’ve made my fair share of bundt cakes. For example, this lemon bundt cake, and omg this red velvet bundt cake; and let us not forget my most favorite…this double chocolate bundt cake, yum. Yup, I’m #teambundtcake all day!
I’m so excited to get into this almond bundt cake with caramel icing you guys!
This post is sponsored by La Tourangelle who makes high quality crafted artisan oils. I used their amazing almond oil in this new bundt cake recipe and it contributes to the overall almond taste. The almond oil has a distinctive and full-bodied flavor. I just love how this almond bundt cake came out so much. It’s extra flavorful with deep almond notes throughout, it’s super moist and tender, and it is so easy to make.
Almond Bundt Cake Ingredients
(Note: the full ingredients list, including measurements, is provided in the recipe card directly below.)
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking soda
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- sour cream
- almond oil
- almond extract
How To Make This Almond Bundt Cake Recipe
As previously mentioned, making this bundt cake couldn’t be easier. My favorite bundt pans are ones that are not dark as darker colored pans tend to absorb heat more quickly and can cause your cake to burn; I used this one specifically. Lighter colored bundt cake pans produce better heat conductivity and will not result in an overly browned cake. So, that, combined with a very well sprayed pan will do you very good!
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, sour cream, oil, buttermilk, and extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Bake cake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Other Desserts/Sweets You May Enjoy
- Lemon Sweet Rolls
- Challah Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
- Apricot Snacking Cake
- Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
- Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Best Ever Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Lemon Sheet Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Let’s Get Into This Caramel Icing
Oh my word, y’all…this caramel icing is an absolute whole experience! I am smitten to the core with it.
It’s so lusciously dreamy and rich and decadent and the perfect topping to this almond bundt cake. The best part is that it’s even easier to whip up. There’s no extreme labor or cooking utensils involved at all.
- In a small saucepan, bring together the butter, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream, and salt.
- Allow mixture to come up to a slight boil then remove from heat.
- Add in almond extract and stir to combine.
Caramel Icing Tips + Tricks
- You can make this caramel icing ahead of time, in advance.
- This caramel icing will harden as it cools down.
- If you make ahead, simply reheat as necessary before pouring over cake.
- Adding more heavy whipping cream/milk will thin out the icing, if desired.
- If adding more cream/milk, add 1/4 cup at a time.
This almond bundt cake is just so dreamy and perfect for nearly any occasion!
While most folks will enjoy this cake, it’s even more great for serious almond-flavor lovers! I mean, it’s deeply almond-scented through and through, yes. Furthermore, as a finishing touch, I recommend a nice sprinkling of sliced almonds as a nice garnish. Additionally, take it up a few notches, and toast the almonds for a more wow factor! To do this, simply add the almonds into a dry pan over medium-low heat.
Let almonds toast until lightly browned and fragrant 😍…toasted nuts release so much depth in flavor!
Thank you to La Tourangelle for sponsoring this post 🖤
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
This almond bundt cake is bursting with almond flavor throughout each and every bite. And finished with the most luscious and glorious caramel icing; perfect for every occasion or celebration!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup La Tourangelle Almond Oil
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- *optional: sliced almonds, for garnish
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously spray/butter a 10-cup bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk sugar and eggs together. Add in sour cream, buttermilk, oil, and extract. Stir everything together until fully combined.
- Add wet ingredients into flour mixture. Stir together until just combined and all dry ingredients dissolve.
- Pour cake batter into prepared bundt cake pan. Bake cake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in bundt cake pan for at least 10-15 minutes. Then invert cake onto a wire rack to continue cooling completely.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter, brown sugar, heavy cream, and salt together. Cook mixture and allow to come up to a slight boil, about 6-7 minutes. Be sure to stir mixture throughout. Then remove from heat and stir in extract, mixture will vigorously bubble.
- Let mixture cool for 3-5 minutes before pouring over finished cake. Slice and enjoy!
- You can make this caramel icing ahead of time, in advance. If you make ahead, simply reheat as necessary before pouring over cake.
- Adding more heavy whipping cream/milk will thin out the icing, if desired. If adding more cream/milk, add 1/4 cup at a time.
- An alternative to sour cream is full-fat plain yogurt.
Keywords: bundt cake, almond, caramel, desserts, sweets, cake