This super easy and delicious apricot snacking cake is truly one of a kind; packed with apricot flavor and makes a perfect treat for any occasion. Finished with a wholesome yogurt topping and dried apricots!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup Redwood Hill Farm plain goat milk yogurt, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- optional: dried apricots and fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously grease a 9-inch round cake pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt, vanilla extract, apricot preserves, and whisk until fully combined.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt, and stir together until just combined. Batter should be somewhat runny. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and invert cake onto a large plate. Garnish as desired. Enjoy!
- Cake will keep in refrigerator, wrapped in plastic, for up to 3 days.
Keywords: baking, apricot, cake