These easy and delicious bacon gouda and spinach egg bites are the perfect make ahead treat to have on deck. Perfectly filling and loaded with ample flavor; most amazing little bite sized breakfast!
- 12 large eggs
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, or half and half
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 heaping cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, crack open the eggs and then whisk the eggs together very well. Season the eggs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes (if using), and pour in the heavy cream. Whisk the mixture together again until everything is fully combined and set aside.
- In the muffin tin, evenly distribute the bacon pieces into each muffin well and then go back to repeat the same process for the shredded cheese, and chopped spinach. Making sure that each muffin well has pieces of bacon, shredded cheese, and chopped spinach in them.
- Carefully pour in the whisked eggs directly on top of each muffin well until it reaches the top.
- Then use a toothpick to gently stir each muffin well to make sure everything is combined.
- Bake the egg bites for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set. The muffins will be slightly puffy coming out of the oven but will deflate in size after cooling down some.
- Serve the bacon gouda and spinach egg bites warm and enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: eggs, breakfast, brunch, meal prep