Bacon Gouda & Spinach Egg Bites
These easy and delicious bacon gouda and spinach egg bites are the perfect make ahead treat to have on deck. Extra filling and loaded with ample flavor; they’re the most amazing little bite sized breakfast!
Lately I’ve been on a real big meal prep kick. I love waking up and having ready-made options just awaiting me in the refrigerator/freezer. Listen, ain’t nothing better than being so dang hungry and then remembering that you prepped some stuff ahead of time. Seriously one of the best surprises when you wake up or after a long day when you don’t wanna cook a thing. These bacon gouda and spinach egg bites are my latest fave.
Have y’all ever had the egg bites from those chain coffee shops or anywhere else? I was previously obsessed with Starbucks‘ bacon and gruyere egg bites and had to have them 24/7. Legit every single time that I went to grab some coffee/tea, I ordered their egg bites. Then I realized how easy they are to make at home and have been loving this recipe so much so that I make a batch of them every week. Let me tell you about them!
A Word About Our Sponsors
DISCLOSURE: This post is sponsored by FoodSaver® who I’m so excited to partner with; all thoughts expressed here are my own. So grateful to be a brand ambassador for these folks and that I get to tell you all about their products. I’ve been using their VS3182 Multi-Use Food Preservation System among other items for months now and and it’s been a game changer! This Food Preservation System keeps food fresh up to 5x longer in the freezer compared to ordinary storage methods; and also helps prevent freezer burn.
My bacon gouda and spinach egg bites and the FoodSaver® Microwaveable Meal Prep Bags are the most perfect combination! The ventilated bags can go straight from the fridge/freezer to the microwave to provide meals within minutes. And it also helps you enjoy convenient meal prepping solutions for today’s busy lifestyles. Remember earlier when I said that I make a batch of these egg bites every week? Well, I keep them stored fresh using these products and it’s basically a grab, reheat, and eat type of situation for us, ha!
The Food Preservation System also includes additional features too! You can find FoodSaver® products available at FoodSaver.com, Walmart, Amazon, Kroger, Kohls.com, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Meijer.
What You’ll Need For These Egg Bites
(Note: the full ingredients list, including measurements, is provided in the recipe card directly below.)
- large eggs
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes
- heavy whipping cream
- cooked bacon
- shredded smoked gouda cheese
- chopped baby spinach
What I love most about these egg bites is how easy and flavorful they are, simplicity and taste in every bite! The added seasoning of garlic powder gives these egg bites more flavor than what salt/pepper does alone. If you like a touch of heat, crushed red pepper adds some spice. Additionally, smoked gouda cheese is so nice. There is melty cheese pockets throughout these bites filled with that rich, nutty, and smoky flavor. Spinach adds some freshness and nutritional value. And lastly, good ole bacon, gives this gem some filling heartiness.
The Best Bacon Gouda & Spinach Egg Bites
SO SIMPLE TO MAKE: These delicious egg bites are the easiest thing to put together and fun for the whole family to make! Combine, whisk, assemble, and fill. They bake up in under 30 minutes flat, yasss.
LOADED WITH FLAVOR: There is no bland foolishness going on here with these bacon gouda and spinach egg bite cuties, nah. They are seasoned well with the perfect combination of spices and big flavors!
MEAL PREP GOALS: Make ahead meals and snacks is one of the greatest things we could do for our busy lifestyles. These egg bites are the most amazing and easily prepped meal to have stored in the fridge/freezer.
How To Make These Egg Bites (Video!)
(Note: please see the recipe card directly below for the complete written instructions.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prep your muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, crack open the eggs and whisk together.
- Season the eggs with spices and pour in the cream and whisk again then set aside.
- Evenly distribute the bacon, spinach, and cheese inside each muffin well.
- Carefully pour in the egg mixture into each well.
- Use a toothpick to gently stir everything together.
- Bake the egg bites until the eggs are set.
- Serve these bacon gouda and spinach egg bites warm and enjoy!
How To Store/Meal Prep Egg Bites
I could not recommend the FoodSaver® VS3182 Multi-Use Food Preservation System along with the Microwaveable Meal Prep Bags enough. They will keep your egg bites fresh with no freezer burn and ready to reheat within no time! Such a great quality investment but no worries if this isn’t an option.
Here are some additional ways to keep them fresh; store your egg bites in a large resealable plastic bag (I would double bag them for good measure to avoid any odors/freezer burn!) Also, you can keep them stored in an airtight container or a mason jar fitted with a snug lid. These bacon gouda and spinach egg bites will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days for maximum freshness. Alternatively, store them in the freezer for up to two months. When ready to cook, simply reheat the egg bites in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Other Bomb-Tasting Eats To Make
- Sweet Potato Buttermilk Pancakes
- Challah French Toast with Strawberry Compote
- Kitchen Sink Frittata
- Steak and Eggs with Chimichurri
- Spiced Sweet Potato Buttermilk Biscuits
- Blueberry Streusel Muffins
- The Best Overnight Cinnamon Rolls
- Brown Sugar Banana Bread
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
UNTIL NEXT TIME…LOVE AND BUTTER,
These easy and delicious bacon gouda and spinach egg bites are the perfect make ahead treat to have on deck. Perfectly filling and loaded with ample flavor; most amazing little bite sized breakfast!
- 12 large eggs
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, or half and half
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 1 heaping cup fresh baby spinach, finely chopped into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl, crack open the eggs and then whisk the eggs together very well. Season the eggs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes (if using), and pour in the heavy cream. Whisk the mixture together again until everything is fully combined and set aside.
- In the muffin tin, evenly distribute the bacon pieces into each muffin well and then go back to repeat the same process for the shredded cheese, and chopped spinach. Making sure that each muffin well has pieces of bacon, shredded cheese, and chopped spinach in them.
- Carefully pour in the whisked eggs directly on top of each muffin well until it reaches the top.
- Then use a toothpick to gently stir each muffin well to make sure everything is combined.
- Bake the egg bites for 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set. The muffins will be slightly puffy coming out of the oven but will deflate in size after cooling down some.
- Serve the bacon gouda and spinach egg bites warm and enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: eggs, breakfast, brunch, meal prep