These insanely easy and subtly spicy buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes are so delicious. Oven baked sweet potatoes filled high with shredded buffalo chicken and finished with bleu cheese crumbles! This healthier-for-you option makes a great snack, lunch, or weeknight dinner.
- 4 medium-large sized sweet potatoes, skin washed/cleaned
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling on sweet potatoes
- *Optional: finely chopped scallions/green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash skin of sweet potatoes and pat dry with paper towel. Using a fork, pierce each sweet potato a few times all around and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Individually wrap each sweet potato in foil.
- Generously season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place on a small baking tray/dish.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 1 hour. Roast chicken for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken breasts with two forks and place into a small bowl with buffalo sauce and toss together to combine, then set aside.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, let cool for 10-15 minutes. Use a knife to cut a slit into potatoes and stuff with shredded buffalo chicken and blue cheese crumbles. Taste, and add more salt/pepper and garnish with scallions, if desired. Enjoy!
- Alternatively, you can boil chicken breasts or use a store-bought rotisserie chicken, white meat shredded.
- Feel free to cook chicken breasts and/or sweet potatoes in the InstantPot (pressure cooker), according to machine directions.
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quick, easy, lunch, dinner, sweet potatoes