These insanely easy and subtly spicy buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes are so delicious. Oven baked sweet potatoes filled high with shredded buffalo chicken and finished with blue cheese crumbles! This healthier-for-you option makes a great snack, lunch, or weeknight dinner. And it’s also perfect for meal prepping!
Heyyy, hey, hi there! Okay, so I have a slight little confession to make with you. Yes, you, reading this post right now!
You know those days when you have had such a long day after dealing with work, your kids, or other adulting-type tasks? Like, those days when you literally cannot even be bothered to make that dreaded one last stop to grab something to eat? Yeah, you already know what I mean huh. Let’s just say that’s what inspired this new recipe, mmkay.
So, one day I dashed through the door and bolted straight for the kitchen in search of some sustenance. It felt like I had nothing on hand to prepare but after taking my dramatics down a notch, I had found some things I could work with. Sweet potatoes, check. Leftover shredded buffalo chicken, check. A random container of blue cheese crumbles, holla!
Needless to say, hello: BUFFALO CHICKEN STUFFED SWEET POTATOES!!!
Listen ya’ll, these delicious things are almost too perfect. Yup yup, I sure did say it.
They’re sweet, they’ve got a little spiciness, and they have some tang/saltiness to ’em to boot! Additionally, they are so incredibly easy to make and are perfect as a lunch or dinner situation. Also, if you’re watching calories/counting macros/eyeing those nutritional values; these buffalo chicken sweet potatoes are seriously right up your alley boo!
But wait, there’s more. Oh yes…you can whip up this recipe with very minimal ingredients. BOOM.
Ingredients For Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes:
- Sweet Potatoes: look for them to be medium-large in size so that they hold up to the weight of the stuffed goods! Also, be sure to thoroughly wash/clean the skin so that can be eaten as well. Team #nowaste!
- Chicken Breasts: boneless/skinless, grab two of them! You can boil them, roast them in the oven, use an instant pot…do whatever floats your boat so long as they’re cooked + shredded! Pro-tip: you can shred chicken in a stand mixer (with a quickness!) fitted with the paddle attachment, if you have one. Otherwise, shredding the old fashioned way with two forks never hurt nobody, too!
- Buffalo Sauce: I love Frank’s RedHot buffalo sauce (not sponsored). But feel free to use whatever buffalo sauce you like! Alternatively, you can also use barbecue sauce which also works great.
- Blue Cheese Crumbles: there seriously is no greater pairing than buffalo sauce and blue cheese! Known for it’s strong pungent aroma and distinctive taste, the crumbles seal the deal on these buffalo chicken sweet potatoes.
This here recipe is one of my easiest go-to recipes for busy weeknights, no joke. You can roast the chicken in the oven at the same time as the sweet potatoes. Everything comes together with beautifully and it’s such a simple, easy, and healthier option. If you’re looking for another sweet potato treat, be sure to check out my sweet potato pie ice cream!
I know this time of year can be on the more indulgent side of things and as we get ready for the new year; I’m sure many of us may have some health-conscious related goals too. Something already tells me that ya’ll are going to absolutely love these buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes. My quick and easy recipes that are under 30 minutes or less always tend to be a hit with readers and I totally get it. I’ve included some more quick + tasty staples below for you!
REMEMBER TO LEAVE A ⭐️STAR RATING⭐️AND TAG ME ON THE ‘GRAM IF YOU MAKE ANY OF MY RECIPES! I ALWAYS LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN YOU DO!
Looking For More Quick + Easy Meals? Try These Recipes:
- Ginger Beef And Onion Rice Bowls
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs with Capers
- One-Pot Casarecce Pasta
- The Best Beef Chili
- The Best Honey Mustard Chicken
- Creamy Vegan Jerk Pasta
Until next time…love and butter,
These insanely easy and subtly spicy buffalo chicken stuffed sweet potatoes are so delicious. Oven baked sweet potatoes filled high with shredded buffalo chicken and finished with bleu cheese crumbles! This healthier-for-you option makes a great snack, lunch, or weeknight dinner.
- 4 medium-large sized sweet potatoes, skin washed/cleaned
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce, such as Frank’s RedHot
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Salt/Pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for drizzling on sweet potatoes
- *Optional: finely chopped scallions/green onions, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Wash skin of sweet potatoes and pat dry with paper towel. Using a fork, pierce each sweet potato a few times all around and drizzle with a bit of olive oil. Individually wrap each sweet potato in foil.
- Generously season chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then place on a small baking tray/dish.
- Roast sweet potatoes for 1 hour. Roast chicken for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Shred chicken breasts with two forks and place into a small bowl with buffalo sauce and toss together to combine, then set aside.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, let cool for 10-15 minutes. Use a knife to cut a slit into potatoes and stuff with shredded buffalo chicken and blue cheese crumbles. Taste, and add more salt/pepper and garnish with scallions, if desired. Enjoy!
- Alternatively, you can boil chicken breasts or use a store-bought rotisserie chicken, white meat shredded.
- Feel free to cook chicken breasts and/or sweet potatoes in the InstantPot (pressure cooker), according to machine directions.
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: quick, easy, lunch, dinner, sweet potatoes