Such a stunner is this chicken with caper cream sauce meal. Sautéed chicken breasts swimming in a rich + flavorful creamy sauce. Makes the most perfect dinner for weeknights and beyond!
- 2 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons non-pareil capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- Cut the two chicken breasts in half lengthwise to make a total of four chicken cutlets. Season the chicken on both sides generously (or to your preference) with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Then set the chicken aside to sit for at least 20 minutes.
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. On the butter is sizzling, add in the seasoned chicken. Depending on the size of your chicken, you may need to cook in batches- being careful to not overcrowd the pan. Let the chicken pan fry and cook through, about 4-5 minutes per side. Then transfer the cooked chicken to a cleaned plate and cover with foil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add in the chopped shallot. Use a wooden utensil to stir together and sauté until the shallot becomes translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Then add in the garlic and continue cooking together until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Deglaze the skillet by adding in the wine. Use your wooden utensil to stir and scrape up any bits left on the bottom of the skillet. Reduce the heat to the lowest setting and add in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir the mixture and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and whisk together to fully incorporate. Allow the sauce to come up to a light boil, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the capers and stir together with the sauce. Then add the cooked chicken back into the skillet and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
- Remove the skillet from heat and garnish with fresh dill. Serve the dish immediately over mashed potatoes, egg noodles/pasta, and/or alongside your favorite side items and enjoy!
- Please read the blog post in its entirety for more tips + tricks.
Keywords: chicken, capers, easy, skillet, creamy, one pan