This 5-ingredient Coconut Lime Margarita is so lush and creamy, and such a delicious cocktail to enjoy on a sunny day! Coconut cream (or cream of coconut), blanco tequila, fresh lime juice, orange liqueur, and sweetener of choice is all you need here. Plus, you can scale the recipe to make a pitcher-full to serve a crowd!
- 1 ½ – 2 ounces blanco tequila, depending on desired strength of drink
- 2 ounces coconut cream (or cream of coconut)
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce Cointreau
- ½ ounce agave or simple syrup
For cocktail garnish– optional:
- sugar, kosher salt, grated lime zest & lime wedges- for rimming glass
- Prep the glass. On a small plate, combine equal parts sugar, salt, and lime zest and spread out in an even layer. Run a lime wedge around the rim or side of the cocktail glass. Hold the base of the glass and dip the rim or side into the mixture. Then place the glass into the freezer to chill until ready to use.
- Make cocktail. When ready to serve, fill the cocktail glass with ice and set aside. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the tequila, coconut cream, fresh lime juice, Cointreau, and agave (or simple syrup). Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds. Strain cocktail into the prepared ice-filled glass. Garnish coconut lime margarita with lime wedge/slice, if desired. Enjoy!
- Mocktail option: Use a non-alcoholic tequila (we love Ritual zero proof!), and to replace the Cointreau, you can use orange extract, orange juice, or orange-flavored still or bubbly water.
- For best recipe success, please read the blog post & notes in its entirety with video tutorial before beginning.
Keywords: cocktail, coconut margarita, coconut lime margarita, margarita recipe, coconut lime drink, beverages, coconut drink